Contact: The Rev. Canon Jesús Reyes, Canon to the Ordinary, JesusReyes@edecr.org
The Canon for Congregational Development effects mission and multicultural development in congregations in the Diocese. The Canon for Congregational Development will work with the Bishop, the Canon for Finance and Administration and relevant committees to develop and grow congregations and missions, the multi-cultural identity of El Camino Real, and the spiritual leadership of the diocese both lay and clergy, helping us all to be equipped for significant transformational ministry throughout the diverse population we serve.
The Canon for Congregational Development:
- Works with congregations (and their lay and clergy leadership) to provide resources, ideas and consultation for evangelism, stewardship, newcomer incorporation and congregational health and development
- Works with mission congregations and the Department of Missions to develop, fund, supervise and support ministry and outreach in new geographical and cultural areas
- Assists congregations in clergy leadership transition by working with vestries, transition and search committees to discern the direction of future ministry, call excellent new leaders, and engage in professional practices around deployment?
- Engages in collaborative ministry with a variety of diocesan bodies and committees to provide vision, resources, ideas and connection with the goal of building up the body of Christ in the Diocese of El Camino Real
- Regularly worships, preaches and/or presides at congregations throughout the diocese
- Attends congregational, diocesan and national events, as a representative of the diocese
See also Committee on Vitalization and Growth